3 Family History Clues In 1 Sentence
Updated: Jun 20, 2020
Local news from around Iowa communities in The Bystander. These stories were written by people in each community to let others around the state know what was going on in their town.
Transcription: "Mrs. A. L. Crittenden and granddaughter, Aldeen Jones went to Albia Saturday morning to meet her mother, Mrs. E. Bell of Omaha, Nebr., for a two week’s visit with her daughter and other relatives and friends.
Miss Christine Crettenden spent Sunday in Unionville, Mo., with her friend Miss Garnetta Clark."
1. Mrs. A. L. Crittenden lives in Centerville, Iowa.
2. Aldeen Jones of Centerville, Iowa is the granddaughter of A. L. Crittenden and great-granddaughter of Mrs. E. Bell.
3. Mrs. E. Bell lives in Omaha, Nebraska and is the mother of A. L. Crittenden.
· Christine Crettenden is possibly a relative.
· There is other unnamed family living in Albia, Iowa.
Transcription: “Mr. H. Clark and Miss Christine Crittenden was visiting with her sister, Mrs. S. H. Jones Monday afternoon.”
1. Christine Crittenden is the sister of Mrs. S. H. Jones.
2. Mrs. S. H. Jones lives in Centerville, Iowa.
3. The Christine Crettenden (Crittenden) and Aldeen Jones mentioned in an earlier might be related.
· Something to look into as well as connection to the Clark family. Why are a single lady and a single man traveling together?
Transcription: “Mrs. Butler and Mrs. Anna Crimp left Thursday for Fort Madison to be guests of their sister, Mrs. Charles Payton over the Fourth and then may go to Davenport, where her sister’s home Mrs. Crimp briefly returning here and then on to her home in Minneapolis.”
1. Mrs. Butler lives in Oskaloosa, Iowa.
2. Mrs. Crimp lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
3. Their sister Mrs. Charles Payton lives in Fort Madison, Iowa.
· There is possibly a fourth sister living in Davenport, Iowa.
Transcription: “Mrs. J. W. Bowles and daughter, Helen, left Tuesday morning for a visit in Des Moines, Ia., at the home of her mother, Mrs. Peter Bell, 1340 Jefferson avenue.”
1. Mrs. J. W. Bowles and daughter Helen live in Waterloo, Iowa.
2. Her mother is Mrs. Peter Bell.
3. Mrs. Bell lives at 1340 Jefferson Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa on 11 July 1919.
Transcription: “Mr. Wyatt Hockaday of Savannah, Ill., arrived the third for an indefinite stay with his grandmother, Mrs. Sylvia Miller.”
1. Mr. Wyatt Hockaday is from Savannah, Ill.
2. His grandmother is Mrs. Sylvia Miller of Mystic, Iowa.
3. His mother’s maiden name is possibly Miller.
Transcription: “Miss Bell Aikers and her sister, Mrs. Phophet of Chicago are visiting their mother, Mrs. R. Aikers.”
1. Miss Bell Aikers and her sister Mrs. Phophet lives in Chicago, Illinois.
2. Mrs. Phophet’s maiden name is Aikers.
3. Their mother Mrs. R. Aikers lives in Keokuk, Iowa.